I Am Sitting In A Room

Commentary and thoughts on (mostly) classical music.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Before he was tricky...

Alex Ross rounds up the reviews coming out of Chicago for Chicago Opera Theater's run of Nixon in China by John Adams. Cincinnati Opera will put on the same production next summer (2007). I am looking forward to it; somehow this will be the first 20th century opera I've ever seen on stage.

Link to photo: Nixon whispers sweet nothings into the ear of a pouty Kissinger.

3 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Britten's Turn of the Screw? I believe you were sitting next to me for that production.

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jason it's Kim long time no talk. Since you like going through so many email incarnations drop me a line. :P

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Primavera said...

i can't wait to see the cincinnati opera's Nixon in China especially since it will be the first time Paavo's brother Kristjan Jarvi will be working here -- conducting the Cincinnati Symphony from the pit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home