I Am Sitting In A Room

Commentary and thoughts on (mostly) classical music.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Meanwhile, in California...

In a recent discussion elsewhere, I waxed ecstatic regarding the LA Philharmonic’s programming. They’ve apparently released the 2006/07 season schedule (which I can’t find yet). Sequenza 21 has a summary, and it looks damn good. Once again, LA is doing some of the most exciting orchestra programs in this country, with a serious commitment to new music and cool events like a reprise of the “Tristan Project.” Makes me wish I lived on the left coast. I’m just a poor grad student, but I may have to break the bank next season. It’s hurting me enough to miss out on the current season. (This weekend, Thomas Adès is on the bill. *sigh*)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home