I Am Sitting In A Room

Commentary and thoughts on (mostly) classical music.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Congrats Steve Reich!

Along with the rest of the music community, I offer my sincere congratulations to Steve Reich for (finally) receiving a Pulitzer Prize in music. You can hear the entire piece at Carnegie Hall's Commissions Page, played by eighth blackbird. There are no performer credits on the page or in the pop-up window (blech), but click on "See Details" for a piece and the information comes up.

I saw 8bb play the piece over the summer, and though I enjoyed its energy, I got a feeling of general rather than outstanding quality from it. So the argument that the Pulitzer was a lifetime-achievement recognition has some legs in this corner of the blogosphere. Maybe I'll change my mind after a few more listens.

5 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Non woven bag machine said...

Lovely work! I'm definitely going to visit the blog frequently.

 
At 2:10 AM, Anonymous Women tops said...

Nice blog. Thanks for sharing those useful information's in all categories.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Non woven printing machine said...

It is so lucky to read your blog,it is full of useful message.I wish we both can do better in the future.

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Email marketing campaign said...

Great job on the blog, it looks great. I am going to bookmark it and will make sure to check back weekly!

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous paper cup machines said...

Thanks for sharing this. I really liked the seo form

 

Post a Comment

<< Home