I Am Sitting In A Room

Commentary and thoughts on (mostly) classical music.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Brush with fame

Last time I was in Prague, I met The White Stripes.

At the time, the Stripes were just hitting radio with the single for “Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground,” and no one else in our group had really heard much of them. I knew just enough to expect the Jack and Meg White on the CD covers.*

Contrary to my expectations, the members of the band we met were two (wild and crazy) heavy-set, drunken mittel-europäische guys. They were very nice, especially Jack. They bought us drinks and tried to pick up our women. I asked after Meg and was disappointed to hear we had just missed her.


* The real Jack White should reconsider his look from the
new album; getting a little too close to Michael Jackson. Meg works; she looks like she stepped out of Interview with the Vampire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home