I Am Sitting In A Room

Commentary and thoughts on (mostly) classical music.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Praha


My lady arrived in Prague today – without me.

I love the city, but I have a one-sided view of it. Having only ever been in July*, my Prague is the restored Baroque jewel of Malá Strana, Old Town Square and the castle area. The hills, parks and gardens are at their greenest and Smetana’s Vltava plays on a permanent mental loop.

Someday we’ll get out there in the winter so I can round out the picture with Kafka’s Prague – walk the streets in deep gloaming, visit the
Museum of Torture Instruments, and hit the S&M clubs in Nové Město.

*High tourist season, unfortunately.

1 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

7. Hey guy!
How are you?
So have you enjoyed visiting Prague?
I think yes!!!
Cause Prague is one of the most beautiful and magic cities in the world. I have been there only once but it was enough to fall in love with this city

 

Post a Comment

<< Home