I Am Sitting In A Room

Commentary and thoughts on (mostly) classical music.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

...the week that's to come.

Tonight 2/15: Academy of St. Martin in the Fields Chamber Ensemble - Mendelssohn Octet, Schoenberg Verklärte Nacht (HouFriends of Music); FLUX Quartet - Nancarrow 3rd, Scelsi 4th, Zorn Cat o'Nine Tails (Da Camera); Wednesday 2/16: First in a three-concert survey of Beethoven's Violin Sonatas with Kathleen Winkler and Jon Kimura Parker (Rice); Thursday 2/17: California EAR Unit - Rzewski "Coming Together" & more (SZYZYGY: New Music at Rice)

I'm reviewing the FLUX & EAR Unit concerts for hopeful publication and then collapsing for the weekend. All of this activity will be coinciding with new employment (either the good arts admin. job I'm waiting to hear back on or something with less appeal - one way or another I need to work).

3 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun. I like Mozart, but I'm really not very musical.

I approach the whole thing with a sense of awe and humility.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger jason said...

Hi Mark, welcome and thanks for stopping by.

Remember that despite your awe and humility, the music is made by people - regular folks devoted to their art. They need your support in a way that Mozart doesn't. If you haven't recently, might I suggest you take in a live concert? Being in the presence of both the music and the music-makers is often even more awe-inspiring.

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Fireplace Repair Arden-Arcade said...

I really appreciate your post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home